Timo von Wirth
+31 (0)10 408 8792
I am currently Assistant Professor at the Erasmus School of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Dutch Research Institute for Transitions. Originally trained in Economics and Geography at the University of Technology (RWTH) Aachen, Germany, I completed my PhD at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich focusing on well-being and innovation in transforming cities. Beside my research work, I am enjoying teaching and the supervision of PhD theses as well as giving keynotes for science and practice audiences.
Focus areas of my work:
- Innovation diffusion and co-creation in environmental governance.
- Local identity and the role of place in global, dynamic networks.
- Well-being and quality of life in the digital age.
- Trust and values in long-term change processes.
Main sectors: Cities, Energy, Food, Mobility
Current research projects:
- SIRIUS (Chinese Academy of Sciences & European Commission, Joint Programming Initiative. Read more
- • PDPC knowledge mapping on Participatory Design for human-centered cities (Robert Bosch Foundation).
- WASTE FEW ULL (JPI Urban Europe). Read more
- Smart-U-Green (JPI Urban Europe). Read more
Teaching & Course coordination:
- New economic thinking & social entrepreneurship (Lecture & Case study); Bachelor course: FEB53115 at Erasmus School of Economics, 15 ECTS. Read more.
- Transformative innovation, diffusion pathways and disruptive leadership (Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership in collaboration with Stockholm Resilience Center, Leuphana University Lueneburg, Humboldt University Berlin. Read more.
- NEST Method Winter School, KIT, Karlsruhe. Read more.
- Developed and lectured courses at undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels in previous positions e.g. at ETH Zurich.
- Regularly giving guest lectures and keynotes for science and practice
I am also passionate about:
Downhill skiing, Surf & Swim, Playing percussions, Improvisation Theater