Senior Researcher & Lecturer
+31 (0)10-408 8887
Pieter Jelle (PJ) Beers is researcher, lecturer and consultant at DRIFT and lecturer New Business Models for Agriculture & Food Transition at the HAS University of Applied Sciences. In his scientific research, PJ concentrates on learning and monitoring in transitions. As a lecturer PJ is continuously looking for knowledge and tools to strengthen and support new business models and to accelerate the transition in food and agriculture. PJ works mainly in the domain of agriculture and food transitions, but has also expertise on the topics of energy transition, the role of governments in transitions and transitions in (green) education.
PJ graduated in Environmental Health at Maastricht University and holds a PhD degree in ‘Sharing Knowledge in Multidisciplinary Teams’ from the Open University Netherlands. PJ worked as a researcher and lecturer at TU Delft and Wageningen University, and as a program coordinator for TransForum.
- Beers, P. J., & Van Mierlo, B. (2017). Reflexivity and learning in system innovation processes. Sociologia Ruralis, 57(3), 415-436. Link
- Beers, P. J., Van Mierlo, B., & Hoes, A.-C. (2016). Toward an integrative perspective on social learning in system innovation initiatives. Ecology & Society, 21(1), 3. Link
- Beers, P. J. (2016). Welke nieuwe businessmodellen geven de landbouw toekomst? 's Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands: HAS University of Applied Sciences. Link
- Beers, P. J., & Geerling-Eiff, F. (2014). Networks as policy instruments for innovation. Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension, 20(4), 363-379. Link
- Beers, P. J., Hermans, F., Veldkamp, T., & Hinssen, J. (2014). Social learning inside and outside transition projects: playing free jazz for a heavy metal audience. NJAS - Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences, 69, 5-13. Link