Senior Researcher & Advisor
Marleen Lodder graduated Architectural Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology with honours in 2010, after her Bachelor Built Environment at Avans University of Applied Sciences in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Marleen worked as a PhD candidate (October 2011-2015) at DRIFT, Erasmus University Rotterdam in cooperating with the Academic Chair Cradle to Cradle for Innovation and Quality at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. Her research focusses on how urban area development in the Netherlands can become beneficial, by generating economic, ecologic and social cultural values. This research is conducted under the supervision of both prof. dr. Michael Braungart (C2C Chair, RSM), prof. dr. ir. Jan Rotmans (DRIFT) and prof. dr. Derk Loorbach (DRIFT) is involved as the daily supervisor and is currently being finalized.
Next to her PhD research Marleen is involved in applied research and advisory projects as a researcher and advisor on projects on Urban Transitions, Urban Resilience, Cradle to Cradle and Circular Economy. Marleen has good communications skills, has an excellent feeling for group dynamics and is collegial and responsible when working in a team. She has developed her research skills and academic and professional writing skills to a professional level. She has experience in organizing seminars and workshops for practitioners and is able to bridge the gap between science and society.
- “C2C Case Study Book”: ‘Cradle to Cradle inspired Master Theses; Adding pieces to the puzzle’, Academic Chair ‘Cradle to Cradle for Innovation and Quality’, Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University.
- Lodder, M., Rotmans, J., Braungart, M. (2014), Beyond the current Dutch spatial planning system: Towards a beneficial spatial system that accommodates today’s complex societal needs, Conference Paper for the 9th International Conference on Urban Regeneration and Sustainability, September 23-25, 2014, Siena, Italy
- Lodder, M., Lijnis Huffenreuter, R., Braungart, M. and den Held, D. (2014), Regenerative Sustainable Development: Towards a Triple Top Line approach and Increasing Positive Externalities, Conference Paper for the 5th International Sustainability Transitions Conference, August 27-29, 2014, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Roorda, C., Lodder, M., Rotmans, R. (2013) De transitie in de praktijk van de Nederlandse gebiedsontwikkeling: nieuwe uitdagingen, nieuwe rollen, S+RO nr. 6/2013 thema Blue Economy, December 2013.
- Lodder, M. Avelino, F. and Braungart, M. (2013) “Exploring Design Thinking for Citizen Involvement and Societal Goals. Lessons from Design Thinking and Cradle-to-Cradle for Developing (Beyond) Sustainable Infrastructure with the Involvement of Citizens”. In: Quist, J., Wittmayer, J., Umpfenbach, K. and Bauler, T. (2013) Pathways, Transitions and Backcasting for Low-Carbon and Sustainable Lifestyles. Sustainable Consumption Transitions Series, Issue 3 Proceedings of SCORAI Europe Workshop, 7-8 October 2013, Rotterdam. The Netherlands.
- Lodder, L.M. (2013), Vergroot de voetafdruk van een gebied!, Duurzaam Gebouwd Magazine #18 edn, CEO Media BV, Soesterberg. Tevens online via Vergroot de voetafdruk van een gebied!, September 21st, 2012, www.duurzaamgebouwd.nl.