Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership
27 sep, 2022 - 14 mrt, 2024
The call for applications for the fifth cohort of the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership is now open! This year’s call goes: ‘Racing to climate justice? Debating the multiple temporalities of just transformations’. Squaring the urgency of climate mitigation and adaptation with the need for just and inclusive social-ecological transformations is a major challenge. The 2022 call goes out to postdoctoral scholars of sustainability issues in the broadest sense who are addressing transformative change and feel a need for translating knowledge into action at reasonable pace. Apply before 15 February 2022!
The Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership is a joint project of the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the four academic centers Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Stockholm Resilience Centre and DRIFT, Rotterdam. It offers a unique program that trains the next generation of leaders in sustainability research affiliated with a European research institution.
With this year’s focus topic Racing to climate justice? Debating the multiple temporalities of just transformations, the program provides an intensive high-end training with four seminars in two years. The seminars broaden the research competencies of postdocs and promote their qualifications towards transdisciplinary leadership. The program also offers seed funding (e.g. for stakeholder meetings or proposal writing activities) to groups of participants planning to initiate research collaborations. Furthermore, an active network of current and former participants of the program will be established.
The program aims at postdocs from academic institutions across Europe who want to make a research impact in the transformation towards a sustainable society and advance the complementarity of social sciences, natural sciences and the humanities.
- be affiliated with a European research institution that is your major place of work and have your main residence in Europe,
- have funds for your research for the majority of the programme cycle (at least until September 2023),
- have obtained your doctorate no more than four years prior to applying (family and caring times excluded),
- have a research topic relevant to this year’s focus topic “Racing to climate justice? Debating the multiple temporalities of just transformations”,
- have a strong interest and experience in doing inter- and transdisciplinary sustainability research,
- conduct research that asks for the complementarity of natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities,
- be an excellent researcher with a vision (societal impact),
- be on the way to professorship or other academic leadership positions,
- be an academic intrapreneur, who acts responsibly and initiates positive changes and innovation within his/ her institution,
- be a shaper, a shaker and a mover,
- have excellent English language skills (equivalent to CEFR Level C2) and
- be committed to attending all seminars and relevant networking activities.
20 researchers will be selected per intake.
For a short impression take a look at this video story.
What can you expect?
Each year the PostDoc academy recruits a select number of participants to take part in a 2 year ‘course run’ with an overarching theme. A course run consists of four seminars (three full days each) over a period of two years. Each seminar will take place at one of the four academic centres and focus on their respective expertise. The seminars build on each other and are complementary. They are linked by four thematic modules that create an overarching framework:
Timing & location
The program consists of four seminars (three full days each) over a period of two years. Each seminar will take place at one of the four academic centers and focus on their respective expertise. The dates of the fifth course run are:
- 1st seminar from 27th to 29th September 2022 at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (IR ITHESys)/ Germany
- 2nd seminar from 7th to 9th February 2023 at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg/ Germany
- 3rd seminar from 10th to 12th October 2023 at the Stockholm Resilience Centre/ Sweden
- 4th seminar from 12th to 14th March 2024 at the Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT) in Rotterdam/ The Netherlands
You can apply to the fifth course run of the Academy via the online application form on the website of the Robert Bosch Stiftung until 15 February 2022 (midnight).
In order to view the application form and apply you will need to register on the online platform. Once registered you can work on your application. Please safe regularly. If your application is considered successful in the first stage, you will be invited to an assessment workshop.
For more information please visit the website of the Robert Bosch Stiftung.