Connecting Nature Webinar: What are your city’s needs and experiences on nature-based solutions?29 mei, 2019
How do you plan and implement nature-based interventions? What are the barriers and opportunities? Experts and cities working on nature-based solutions share how they identified their city’s needs and experiences in the Connecting Nature Webinar on May 29, 2019. Register now!
Horizon 2020-project Connecting Nature aims to co-develop the policy and practices necessary to scale up urban resilience, innovation and governance via nature-based solutions. To empower local governments to harness the boundless potential of nature for sustainable urban development, the project partners developed UrbanByNature, bringing established and aspiring urban nature pioneers together in facilitated capacity-building webinars and workshops. The upcoming webinar is part of the flexible and adaptable program.
In the webinar, experts and cities working on nature-based solutions will share how they identified their city’s needs and experiences in this field. This allowed them to better understand their starting point for planning and implementing nature-based interventions. The speakers will outline how they spotted barriers and opportunities, as well as potentials for ensuring that solutions result in city-wide benefits.
Speakers for this webinar are:
- Dr. Stuart Connop, Senior Research Fellow – Sustainability Research Institute, University of East London (UK)
- Stephan Kampelmann and Adrian Hill, OSMOS (Belgium)
- Natalia Madajczyk, Head of Unit for Interdisciplinary Projects, City of Poznań (Poland); Agnieszka Dziubała, Connecting Nature Project Officer, City of Poznań (Poland); and Agnieszka Osipiuk, Chief Specialist for Interdisciplinary Projects, City of Poznań (Poland)
The webinar will be moderated by Alice Reil and Daniela Rizzi (ICLEI Europe) and Sophia Picarelli (ICLEI South America). Participants will learn about:
- the current status of urban nature-based solutions globally
- the Connecting Nature project and the planning of nature-based solutions for city-wide benefits
- the ambitions of leading cities to plan for nature-based solutions
- the benefits of having an institution as well as Small- and Medium-Enterprises developing processes for exploring city needs and experiences together
- Poznan’s experiences with nature-based solutions and lessons learnt along the way towards implementation
There will be time for questions as well.
More information and registration
The webinar takes place on May 29, 2019 from 3:oo to 4:00 PM (CEST).The registration link and agenda will be shared via email and on the UrbanByNature page, so please stay tuned!
If you were not able to join our kick-off webinar, take a look at the playlist containing the previous webinar videos, now uploaded on the Connecting Nature and the CitieswithNature YouTube channels.
To learn more about the UrbanByNature programme and receive all updates, click here. Do not forget to register for the UrbanByNature Programme by clicking here and save the date for the third webinar, which will be held on 11 July 2019, 15:00-16:00 CEST! More information will follow.