Workshop + Conference ESSI: Social Innovation and Socio-Digital Transformation27 Oct, 2019
What is the role of social innovation in societal and digital transformation? During the ESSI Conference on October 28-29, scientists, policy-makers and social innovators discuss these topics. The conference is preceded by a workshop for PhD-students on social innovation, offering the opportunity to receive feedback from experts and build an international network.
Social Innovation and Digital/Societal Transformation, a key event on social innovation in the year 2019, is planned and designed by the European School of Social Innovation (ESSI) in cooperation with TU Dortmund University(Social Research Centre sfs) and the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. DRIFT is member of the European School of Social Innovation
Representatives of scientific concepts, policy approaches and outstanding initiatives of social innovation will join the conference, with the title ‘Social Innovation and Socio-Digital Transformation: Towards a Comprehensive Innovation Policy’.
The events place on 28/29th of October 2019 in Dortmund, Germany and brings together the leading experts in social innovation research. Questions to be discussed include:
- the role of social innovation in societal and digital transformation,
- the relationship between social innovation and technological innovation,
- the state-of-the-art of conceptualising and doing social innovation on a global scale,
- an international comparison of social innovation practices, policies and research.
With the co-organisation of two sessions, DRIFT contributes to the conference program:
- The Origins and Politics of Transformative Social Innovation & Alternative Economies – a keynote by Flor Avelino and René Kemp (Maastricht University)
- Social Innovation Diffusion and Societal Transition – a session by Julia Wittmayer and Anna Butzin (IAT)
You can find the complete program here.
The conference is supported by IAT, Institute for Work and Technology; Net4Society, National Contact Point Germany (NKS); SIX, Social Innovation Exchange; ZSI, Centre for Social Innovation.
Do you want to read more about the ESSI-conference? Read more at the ESSI-website. Please note that space is limited: it is strongly recommend to register early! The registration will close on 6th October at the latest.
On October 27 – preceding to the conference – ESSI organizes a PhD-workshop, designed to give PhD students the opportunity to:
- Receive feedback from experts on specific challenges facing PhD research on social innovation
- Meet international and German social innovation researchers
- Share experiences and build a network with other doctoral students
The Workshop is designed for PhD students only. To get on board you must register for the ESSI-Conference. The conference profoundly complements the PhD-Workshop’s topics. Prior to the workshop, an exposé (about 500 words) must be provided until 30th June 2019, including an outline about your research. Chosen students will have to submit a full paper on their subject (4’000 – 8’000 words) by 10th September 2019.
The PhD-Workshop is open for all topics concerning social innovation. Please send your exposé to Anna Butzin and Judith Terstriep. If you have any questions, please contact Anna Butzin or take a look at the website for more information!