Online event on innovative wind governance practices31 Jan, 2023
With wind energy being so crucial to realising Europe’s clean energy ambitions, there is a lot to talk about when it comes to on- and offshore wind technologies: What don’t we know yet? What’s fair? And how do we move forward? To discuss, the Horizon Europe JustWind4All Project invites you to sign up for our online event on 31 January 2023.
Delivering on the EU renewable energy targets requires installing more and larger on- and offshore wind energy technologies and speeding up planning and deployment processes whilst considering and balancing diverse social, environmental, technological and economic effects. Thus, accelerating wind energy deployment in a sustainable and just manner must encompass structures and processes in decision-making and in citizen participation.
The European funded research and innovation project, JustWind4All is set to advance wind energy in sustainable and just ways, by tackling key challenges:
- Knowledge gaps – How to assess the full breadth of impacts of wind development, including a variety of social, environmental, technical and economic indicators?
- Justice deficit – How to address disputes around wind energy deployment in a transparent way resulting in a fair distribution of outcomes among stakeholders?
- Unsuitable policy frameworks – How to foster more coherent policy frameworks for wind energy taking into account the interrelations between different governance levels?
- Unlocking novel resources – How to harness the full potential of wind energy making use of novel technologies (e.g. airborne, floating) and new trends (e.g. repowering)?
To facilitate knowledge and experience exchange between and across policy, civil society, academia and industry, the JustWind4All Consortium is organizing an online public event on January 31st between 11:30 and 12:45 CET. We’re calling it: ‘Innovative wind governance practices: challenges and solutions to accelerate just and sustainable wind energy deployment in Europe’.
The event agenda is as follows:
- 11:30-11:45 Welcome and Introduction to JustWind4All
- 11:45-12:15 Panel Discussion: Challenges & Solutions of accelerating just, sustainable wind energy
- 12:15-12:40 Plenary Q&A
- 12:40-12:45 Next steps and how to stay engaged with JustWind4All
The insights and feedback generated during the discussion will feed into JW4ALL’s plans and activities for the next months of the project.
To complete your registration and stay up to date with the event, click here.